Tuesday, August 8, 2017

5 Mama Life Hacks

Yesterday was one of those Monday's that nothing got done at my home. However, the reason nothing got done at my home was because my husband took the day off and we spent it together as a family. I loved yesterday but the mama in me wanted to get the laundry done, finish my grocery list, and for the love of all things holy...take out the garbage that was stinking up the kitchen.
When Amanda from allthatsdarling tagged me on instagram to share my #mumlifehacks I thought how perfect! I am a new mom (7 weeks and 3 days to be exact) so my mama hacks are still under construction. But, yesterday I was able to put one of them to the test.

1. Family over everything, and that includes the laundry. 
What doesn't get done today will get done tomorrow. We've all left a load of laundry in the washer, dirty dishes in the sink, and gotten McDonalds because we still haven't gotten groceries. It's ok, your family functions better when you're connecting and spending quality time with one another.
2. Say yes to the help.
Whether it's your baby daddy, grandparents, or a grocery store employee. Say yes to the help. I am learning this even with my husband, it's like I want to be this super mom who does it all. Obviously I have a pride issue that is still being worked on. But when he says, "I got it love." I need to let him. When someone offers to load up my groceries, I need to let them.
3. Your life is great but it's not just about you.
Conversations when you have a newborn can be very self centered. I've been consciously reminding myself in conversations to really make the other person the focus. Turn it back on them and remember their life is just as cool (if not more) than mine. I need to ask them about it!
4. Your crockpot is your bestie! 
I've been letting my crockpot cook my dinner one night a week. Not only does it make my husband think I've been slaving away in the kitchen all day because our house smells amazing but it saves me mucho time! 
5. Celebrate your success.
Sometimes as a mama you feel like you're doing nothing right. Take the time to celebrate your success. Whether it's a conversation with your baby daddy talking about how your teamwork was awesome that day or arriving to an event clean and on time. (looking passed the fact that only one hand has nail polish on it because you didn't have time to paint your other nails.) Celebrate the fact that your a mom and you're killing it! 
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment