Monday, October 2, 2017

Oh Hey October [Vera Family Goals]

Hello October! Before we get into our Vera Family goals for this month let's do a quick check in to see how last month went. Just as a reminder, quick go check out our September goals.

I don't know if we set ourselves up for a really big month or not but between searching for a home, both working full time, and having an infant, our September was tough. We didn't go on a date. The house we found royally failed the home inspection so we walked away from it. Let's also add that mama was doing a Whole30 (no sugar...) so my moods were a roller coaster.
Needless to say, I went 24 days on my Whole30 and broke it with a cheeseburger. I stopped saying, "no it's ok" and allowed others to actually help me but it didn't last long, maybe 2 weeks. I don't know if I want to control things or I just feel bad having to ask for help? I think my Spanish speaking was better, not sure. Ask my husband about that one.

I will say that I am so proud of my husband. He really did great with his goals this past month. He took time to read our little children's bible to Jax each night. I also did not see my husband drink one Coke during September. We made it a team goal to continue to cook and shop healthy and we both lost weight last month!
I've been enjoying talking with my husband about our short term goals so as we've entered into another month we wanted to challenge ourselves again to make some goals. Without any goals I feel like we live day to day. We wanted to put more purpose and intention into our days and our time together as a family and as husband and wife. So here's what we intend to do this month!

Family Goals
Get tattoos (more to come...)
Find a house, for real this time!
Put our phones away when we're together as a family.

Fabian's Goals
Grow closer to God through daily devotionals.
Continue healthy eating and living.

Bee's Goals
Read my devotional every day.
Start running again.
Practice photography more.

Do you have any goals for this month? Share them with us?

-F & B and Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment