Monday, August 21, 2017

New Season. New Day

I once heard Khloe Kardashian say, "you make a plan and then God laughs at it." Obviously that quote didn't originate with her but there is some truth to that statement. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think God is laughing at us because our plans are horrible. I think God sometimes may chuckle because He knows that His plan is way better than what we think we can do on our own.
With all that being said, my maternity leave has come to an end and God has told me to head back to my job. Let me be the first to tell you that I did not see this curveball coming. This was not the plan. Not my plan at all. This is the part where God is probably laughing because He knows the end goal of His plan. He knows that it's a real stretch of my faith to trust Him because my true desire is to be home raising our little Jax.
When I look back at all the different seasons of my life and all the plans that I thought were perfect, I am realizing that God pretty much took things into His own hands. He reworked what I thought was a flawless plan and rocked my world with something even better.

So on this Monday as I am entering my office again, sipping my coffee from my Mom mug, I am going to remember that I am a Mom who is following God's plan for her family. That this once again, is a new season. I am going to remember that God already knows the reason, the purpose, and the why behind this plan. I am excited for the moment when my family will look back on this season and say, "God knew it all along."

-B

2 comments: