Friday, December 1, 2017

It's December already?

The last month of the year is always more important to me than the first month of the year. Yes, it's important to start strong but I think that sometimes the starting in life is easy. Yes, I started a new diet today but will I continue until I reach my goal? Will I finish strong? That's kind of how I feel about December. I want to finish 2017 on a high and continue it into the next year.

Ok, enough motivation talk.

This last month was pretty life changing for The Veras! We closed on our first home! It was a long process but it was totally worth it. We quickly started making it our own by painting and re-doing some things in the kitchen. It looks so different now and is totally more our style. We took about 3 weeks to make it our own and are excited to move in!
Also, my brother came down from Michigan for Thanksgiving! The last time he was in Texas was when Jax was born in June. We all missed him very much but no one missed him as much as my mom. If you caught my instastory when we picked him up at the airport you'll remember she was pretty emotional. She kept telling me, "you'll understand one day when Jax is away from you."

My brother and I are pretty close despite having totally different personalities and living a thousand miles away from each other. Nate loved getting to see Jax. He also quickly learned that he scares pretty easily when he let out a giant sneeze in the car and Jax started crying. I see a little bit of my brother in Jax, Nate also has the dimple in his chin. They both are little goobers together that's for sure.
When my brother knew he was coming down he asked if Fabian and I could take him to Austin. I planned a two day trip for us as we coordinated with Glamma to have her watch Jax. It was our first trip without our baby and it was pretty great. It was weird to not have a baby on my hip or to be travelling with so much stuff! I thought that I would have some anxiety being away from him but Fabian and I both knew that he was in great hands. It was nice to recharge and have that time together. We explored some of our favorite spots in Austin as well as new ones. Nate had a good time and said he wanted to come back. He's a videographer and a creative weirdo, Austin is the perfect spot for him. Of course we had to make a pit stop at Magnolia Market on the way to ensure that Nate got the full experience.
As far as our family goals for this month, we just have one main goal. Make our house a home.
 
We're excited to make each room feel and look like us. To finally have space to invite friends and family over without feeling cramped. To get Jax out of the hallway he has been sleeping in and give him an actual bedroom. And we can't wait to host our first Christmas brunch! Let's finish 2017 strong! 
Happy December!
- F & B and Jax

2 comments: