Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Twas the Night before Christmas & the flu test was positive

Our first Christmas as a family of three looked quite different than we all expected. Some how Fabian came down hard with the flu and spent most of Christmas in our bedroom. His fever got up to 102.6 and he wasn't able to keep any food down or speak louder than a whisper. We ended up at two different clinics getting him meds and tests for strep and the flu. Thankfully he was able to come out and open presents with my family on Christmas morning. We still have yet to celebrate Christmas with his side of the family. Hopefully that will happen this week.
Our Pastor reminded me that he didn't say "in sickness and in health" during our vows but he said, "in every season." Well, the flu season is included in that statement. This past weekend showed me how much more grace I need and also how grateful I am for our families that were able to help. Jax did so great as we gracefully walked through each eventful moment of the weekend. Thankfully him and I have stayed flu free. Praise God for Lysol wipes.

Christmas break didn't go as we planned but we're together as a family and were able to create memories. We started a new tradition, Christmas Brunch at our home with my family. I cooked up a pinterest worthy skillet, cinnamon rolls, and my mom brought the tamales and fruit.
My brother even flew down from Michigan to spend the week with us. That was his present from my parents. I am always excited to see him anytime he gets a chance to come to Texas. Jax is still trying to warm up to him but little by little their personalities are starting to mesh.
Despite sickness coming to try and ruin our weekend we said, "not today Satan" and carried on! Enjoy some moments that we captured during our Christmas! Thankfully as I write this Fabian is feeling much better. That big fuzzy blanket I got him for Christmas came in handy this weekend.
 
We hope that you had a great Christmas filled with memories!
 
-F & B and Jax

2 comments:

  1. It was a bumpy Christmas 🎄 but I am grateful for our families and you my wife. You’ve taken care of me really intense I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! I love you too. It was a growing moment for both of us that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete