Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Self Confidence Building

If I have learned anything from this first half of January it's a big ol' lesson in confidence. Yes, I am talking about confidently rocking that little roll that sits right on top of my pants but I am also talking about speaking with confidence and having a firm trust in myself.

There is a tone of authority that comes with confidence. It's not an arrogant melody or sense of "I am better than you." It's a firm belief that you know what is best for your child, your family, and more importantly you know what is best for you. Self confidence.
I am in a season of life where my voice of confidence is being turned up. I think we can fear our confidence because we are worried about how something may sound or what someone else may think of our decision. I had someone last week tell me that my son told him he wanted his mom to put shoes on him cause his feet were cold. I quickly said, "my son is fine and his feet are plenty warm." Confidence.

I am so done with my confidence being quickly turned into insecurity because of fear. I want my voice of confidence to make me stronger, make me more decisive (especially when it comes to picking restaurants), allow me to forgive quickly, and walk around with a posture of gratitude.
Every little piece of life that God has entrusted me with is there for a reason. He has confidence in me and that should be all I need. Confidence doesn't come from likes, followers, or even my husband affirming my actions or my little roll above my pants.

My confidence is found within and it's growing on the outside so y'all better watch out!

-Bee

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It’s true confidence can be turned down so quickly. Keep at it Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I am so glad to read this! Self confidence that is humble and grateful is a powerful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite line: "I want my voice of confidence to make me stronger, make me more decisive (especially when it comes to picking restaurants), allow me to forgive quickly, and walk around with a posture of gratitude."
    YAS (especially about the restaurants lol)

    ReplyDelete