Monday, February 6, 2017

Long Distance Gender Reveal

I don't think there is any better way that you can start the new year than to find out the gender of the little human that you are growing! Everyday I read about this little miracle and I am amazed at how God creates life!
Because we discovered the gender of our baby (exactly one week ago) we needed to share it with our family. However, my family is in Michigan and Fabian's family is here in Texas with us. Coming up with clever ways to do a gender reveal when my husband and I are not present was a little tricky but totally doable with the help of my brother. We were able to pull of an evening of double gender reveals! 

Having my family be so far from me during some pretty monumental moments in my life, dating (yes, my husband was my first boyfriend), engagement, marriage, baby, just a few life changing things that have happened since I moved to Texas. It's been a challenge to share those moments with my family when they can't be with me to experience them. We've taken more trips up to Michigan than I expected us to be able to take and I am so grateful for each one. Being long distance from my family I have had to make an extra effort to connect and remember to include them in moments. Whether it's a phone call, facetiming, snapchat (my mom is an expert), or just a text message telling them about my life, it's important that I remember to include them. Since we weren't there for the Michigan gender reveal I just asked my brother to record them discovering the gender. Well, my brother went above and beyond what I asked him and made a whole vlog to really allow us to be in the moment with them as they find out if they are having a grandson or granddaughter! Needless to say, I cried my eyes out. Have a watch and be in the moment with them and find out what we're having!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment