Monday, April 24, 2017

Positive Pregnancy- Third Trimester Update

Pregnancy changes a lot. A baby changes a lot. I've known from a young age that I was meant to be a mama. I was aware of the adjustments that came with creating a little family however, I never fully thought of how it would effect my body. I have found myself body shaming and comparing my bump with others who are also pregnant. I've looked at myself in the mirror and thought, "Ugh... I look horrible" or "I feel so fat" or my latest body shaming comment, "I am so wide!"
Over these next 8 weeks (or less... hopefully not more) that I have left carrying my first child, I am making a promise to myself to stop the body shaming. I am going to stop the negative comments I saying and I am going to stop the complaining. Yes, my feet don't fit into anything but Birkenstocks and chanclas. My body temperature has no sense of regulation and can go from cold to burning up in a matter of a minute. I pretty much roll out of the bed or am shoved out by my husband. I've added a couple chins to my face and feel swollen all over. But news flash... I am creating a human!
What a woman's body was created to do is a miracle. The fact that I can feel this little boy inside of me and my body has adjusted to make room for all the growing he is doing is amazing. Over these next few weeks of carrying my son I am going to focus on just being the best mama I can be. And that includes embracing all the extra curves, all my chins, and rocking my Birkenstocks right into the labor and delivery room.

No comments:

Post a Comment