Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My Mama Moment

I found myself using the phrase, "I need a mama moment" yesterday as I was talking to my husband on the phone in the Target parking lot while a waterfall of frustrated tears were streaming down my already makeup free face. Despite having a child constantly attached to me I was feeling alone. Here I was, this stay at home mama who was doing everything for her family and her home to function smoothly but I was feeling like I was flying solo. Can you relate?
I needed a couple hours to check myself before I wrecked myself. A couple hours to regroup and stop any selfishness that was trying to creep up and steal my joy. A couple hours to find the root of my emotions. A couple hours to remember that when I feel alone, God is right along side me cheering me on. A couple hours to really step back and look at my life to see how blessed our little family has been. A couple hours to realize that my communication in my marriage needs some work. A couple hours to really appreciate how hard my husband has been working for our family in order for me to be a stay at home mama. A couple hours to smell the popcorn that permeates the Target aisles to snap me back into reality. A reality that is pretty amazing. 

This mama moment for me was significant. I needed it in order to put me back in a truly selfless position. To help organize my emotions in order to allow myself to communicate them successfully to my husband. I am discovering that feeling alone is only a small price to pay for the experience of bringing my son into this world and growing together as a family. Instead of "sucking it up" (my hormonal cry fest Target parking lot solution), I am going to embrace this season. This God given season of Motherhood. A season where in the solitude of my home, while I hear the little toots coming from my son's crib, that I truly feel whole in Him.

-B

1 comment: