Thursday, September 14, 2017

I just really like you!

Exactly 3 years ago I confessed my feelings to a guy that I just recently met and was hanging out with 24/7. My friends called him Diesel because of his truck. After hanging out almost every day for 2 weeks I really needed to know what we were doing. So I decided to ask him out one Sunday afternoon for a Steel City Pop. I wasn't going to let my heart fall for someone that wasn't willing to catch it.
We had somewhat of a backwards evening. We went for dessert first and ended up walking to another restaurant for some tacos. While "hanging out" we talked about the first time we met and how odd it was that I just showed up in his life. The whole time I was thinking, "God please let him start the "define the relationship" conversation." By the time we were walking back to the truck we still hadn't had the "conversation." I was getting anxious and kept praying in my head for him to start it. Finally he asked me, "¿Por qué no tiene un novio?" My Spanish wasn't that great but I knew what he was asking. Not only did I not have a current boyfriend but this 27 year old woman had never had a boyfriend. I answered him with a fluffy excuse, "Oh well...the church didn't let me date," (which was true). Finally he got me to give him the real answer, "I never found anyone that was good enough."

You would think that would've started the "define the relationship" convo but still no. It was delayed for another good 20 minutes. By this time we arrived at the truck. I sat down putting my seatbelt on and feeling like a giant ball of anxiousness, frustration, and excitement. I knew I just needed to tell him how I was feeling.

As we continued to drive back to my home there was a shift in our conversation and all I remember saying was, "I just really like you!" So picture me, feet up on the dash and throwing my hands up like a middle schooler confessing my feelings to my crush. Yea. That was me. He looked at me and said, "Good, cause I really like you too and I've been paying for everything this whole time." We both laughed and then proceeded to have another 3 hour conversation about what our intentions were while we dated one another. Our night ended and this boyfriend-less 27 year old was now dating.

Don't drop your standards and don't allow your heart to fall to someone that is not willing to catch it. Be intentional and date with a purpose. Continue to speak from your heart no matter how long you have been in your relationship. And if your feelings and words come out in a burst of middle school like emotions that's ok. Get them out.

-B

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! I absolutely love this♥️ You two are a match made in heaven for sure.

    ReplyDelete