Tuesday, February 27, 2018

8 months old? What?

Pulling up on furniture, navigating under the dining room table, and discovering the step in the living room. Jax has kept himself busy as he picks up his speed and figures out how to roam from room to room. He has also kept us busy as we create different barriers to keep him safe. We've got a package of toilet paper and water bottles blocking off the laundry room. We're using a plastic tub full of unopened kitchen supplies to block off the living room and at all times doors to bedrooms and restrooms are closed. We're using what we've got because I have a feeling he is going to be up on his feet real soon.
The weather has given us lots of rainy days this past month which means he was home with Papi during the day. I can tell the extra time they spent together created an every deeper bond between them and I love it! I love seeing them tossing the plush soccer ball throughout the house and watching Jax react to the energy that his papi has! I never thought our living room would turn into a soccer field but I love it! Also, I would like to mention that my husband does a pretty solid Elmo impression!
Once all the rain went away we were left with warmer weather and took advantage of the park right down the road from our home. Jax experienced the swing for the first time and he didn't hate it but didn't seem to love it. He also discovered grass! It was hilarious to see him brushing his hand across the pokey grass and trying to eat it. Once again, didn't hate it but didn't love it. It's those moments when I see my personality come out in him. When I try new things even if I like them, I don't always show it on the outside.
 
I love his curious personality. He is so much like his Papi and is down for anything! He will try new foods, explore the unknown, and smile at strangers. It's such an amazing and scary responsibility to raise up a person. As we keep navigating each day through this hood we learn what we can and show Jax through our behavior how bring out the best in each moment!
 
Oh... Jax is also pointing at everything! We love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment