Monday, March 19, 2018

Just a girl with a dream and a camera.

I have a board on pinterest called, "words." It's full of motivation words that keep me inspired. There is one quote on there that simply says, "doing what you like is freedom, liking what you do is happiness." You see, I work in an office or simply put... for the man. (Technically for the woman since the company is owned by a woman. Yay #girlbosses) This job is not my passion. I mean... I am an accountant with a Early Childhood Development degree. That doesn't add up, right? I am good at what I do and I work hard but it's not my passion and it for sure doesn't leave me with the freedom and happiness that I would like to have daily.
 
Photography on the other hand... it brings out my creative side. It allows me to capture a memory and a moment that will be remembered forever.
I worked as an assistant for a photographer when I was younger but I was never the one behind the camera. Honestly, I don't think he trusted me with his equipment and I didn't trust myself with his equipment. Working for him taught me a lot about posing, interacting with families, and how to get the grumpiest kid to smile.
 
I purchased a Canon EOS M when I was 22 and used it for blog photos and of course my 365 project on Facebook. That camera was stolen on my honeymoon. I bought a DSLR shortly after we returned home from our honeymoon and began to learn my way around it. I was then asked to start managing social media for my church. I loved that I could capture images that showed passion, life, and laughter from everyone on a Sunday morning. It gave me a new creative outlet that my office job did not allow me to have.
 
Once I found out I was pregnant I knew I had to capture every little moment! Bump shot after bump shot I started sharing images of my journey through motherhood. When Jax arrived, the game changed and I was probably taking about 200 photos a day just of Jax. I didn't want to miss a wrinkle or roll. Plus, I wanted to capture every stage of that full head of curly hair!
 
Through capturing images of my family a passion was lit to take my camera and capture more families. I want to find their story and share it through an image and create a forever memory for them. Whether this image is going to be used on social or printed for their home I want to be the one to capture it. LaVidaVera Photography is my happiness.
 
Contact for Pricing and Availability


No comments:

Post a Comment