Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up [ pancakes, tulips, & bears, oh my! ]

I love to spend my weekends two different ways. The first includes pjs, the couch and plenty of Netflix binging. The second includes family. This past weekend was spent with Fabian's family and from start to finished we filled the day with new experiences, laughter, and good food.
Our sunny Saturday morning started with breakfast at IHOP and ended back at his parents in the evening after the temperature dropped about 25 degrees (we were not prepared for that.) We drove for about an hour to Pilot Point to the most beautiful tulip field. Coming from Michigan, I had been used to Tulip Time every year. Seeing all the beautiful Texas tulips was a bit nostalgic for me.
We enjoyed walking through the aisles looking at all the unique colors and figuring out how to pick them from the ground properly. While at Texas Tulips we saw a sign for a wildlife ranch. We ventured down the street after picking tulips to check out Sharkrosa Wildlife Ranch. I think that's why I love spending time with my in-laws so much. Everything is spontaneous and it stretches me out of my comfort zone (I am a BIG planner). It was really cool seeing all the unique animals they had and being able to feed and pet them. We ended our time at the Ranch with a freezing cold tram ride getting us up close and personal with the wildlife. The whole day ended with pizzas. The perfect Saturday.
Enjoy some moments from our family weekend. (Also, I am aware that Fabian and I match. Let the record show he did get dressed first but I already had my outfit planned in my head. Oh well, we just went with it.)
- F & B

No comments:

Post a Comment